Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Miscellaneous
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous For anything related to Wyvern that does not fit into the other forums (this is not a place to goof off and post whatever nonsense comes to mind).

Old 11-01-2007, 09:47 AM

Raistlin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Worst or Funniest Death.

Lets try to get something going here. Tell about your worst or funniest death, its pretty straight forward.

Probably the funniest way I died was in a Raze (I think) Lq. Bullfrogz feared me cause we were both in Pk and I got sent flying into his DR. =/

Tragic.

Your turn!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:27 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Once I died in the troglodyte quest, when a rock dropped on my head..

A quick reminder to use that SP and heal even when there arn't any enemys nearby!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:40 PM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I was killed by my own fireball at one point.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

That time when I forgot to wear my seatbelt.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:42 AM

Riddles has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default annoying

my most annoying and yet mildly entertaining deaths

all come from lag!

once i lagged into a dracolich, before i realised what happened i was in a church misisng 30,000 xp

and i once ran from a fire shog, lagged into a normal shog and died

i hate lag
Old 11-04-2007, 06:24 PM

xxMASTERFONGxx has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to xxMASTERFONGxx

Well this isnt mine but i watched it, let me set the story
Once there was a Bullfrog and a Happyrabitz, they were best of friends, but one day happy chalanged bullfrog to a fight. The match was epic, DRs flying and fire and ice a blasting, but it all ended when happy shot a dr at bull and he feared Happy into his own DR, it was quite a site ahahaha
Old 11-04-2007, 06:52 PM

Raistlin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

That was hilarious!....
Old 11-06-2007, 09:32 PM

Location: Walking to and fro upon the earth, and going up and down in it
Mintaka has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have a funny story, not about a death but related to a death...
I forget what it was that killed me this time, actually, but I died, and appeared in the Temple of Life in the usual fashion... and there was a huge (3 squares by 3, I think), golden-yellow Dragon standing behind the altar. I almost fell out of my chair. I'd just come out of a stressful combat situation, y'see... But it didn't start to attack me, so I clicked on it. It was Binyamin.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:44 PM

xxMASTERFONGxx has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to xxMASTERFONGxx

That Binny, always scareing us players like that
Old 11-25-2007, 02:14 PM

AGuy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I got lagged, and was surrounded by dracoliches.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:50 PM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

It was about 6 minutes till the boot. I figured I'd run through AV for a quick loot before the server went down. So I ran through all the houses, fought my way through magic traps, and just as I was about to leave I lagged into confusion/fear and couldn't heal myself to save my life..lagged right into one of those ochre jellies,died, and the server went down. I was Lv28.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:35 PM

Airwing has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

o i remember when i was a new i came to this cave i forgot what it was but i ran into a lich giant mummy draco and i died but the bad thing is it sent me back to the same spot with 10% of my hp and the lich and draco was waiting right there for me
i ended up losing all my exp before i found out i should d/c
Old 11-26-2007, 12:30 AM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Reminds me of this bug that didn't teleport you when you died. I was only level 15 or so but I died, and didn't get teleported. Stupid me I thought I was invincible, so I went to test my invincibility. Later I realized that every hit I took after being killed the first time took away from my XP as if I kept dying. I ended up losing all my XP and making a new character.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:11 PM

happyrabitz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to happyrabitz

hey, don't be talking about my deaths like there some sketch in a comedy
but that was really funny hahahaha
Old 11-30-2007, 09:25 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xae View Post
Reminds me of this bug that didn't teleport you when you died. I was only level 15 or so but I died, and didn't get teleported. Stupid me I thought I was invincible, so I went to test my invincibility. Later I realized that every hit I took after being killed the first time took away from my XP as if I kept dying. I ended up losing all my XP and making a new character.
Best exploit story ever.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:14 PM

Location: Walking to and fro upon the earth, and going up and down in it
Mintaka has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

What would sometimes happen to me when I died, is, I would get a message like "Amita Chapel has no room for you now" and I'd lose XP and get half my hp back, like usual, but still be where I was when I died. That wasn't a bug, though, just the result of being a naga.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:41 PM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny

I have two that are kinda funny.
One was really funny and really scary for me. It was a while ago, right after buying 300 platinum bolts. The server had just rebooted and I cleared my way through ocean tours and moved on to go kill the orca lich, shot all my bolts at it, but it didn't die yet and I had run out of ammo. So the second I started running out to get some arrows of returning, Tesh said she had to reboot the server again, and it was all 'the server will reboot in ten minutes'. So I ran around frantically, looking for ammo to try and kill the orca lich before reboot and safely pick up my 600k worth of bolts. I can't remember exactly what she said, but Tesh told me to just go back to the map or go get my bolts or something. So I went back to the orca lich's domain, ran in front and all around it, autograbbed a few bolts, then ran into its dray (I wasn't wearing death pro... I was wearing my water breathing ammy because I don't have much hp and I would've been more likely to drown and stuff.. or so I thought). So I woke up in a chapel, and then found out that Tesh was planning to kill the orca lich for me, lol, and I'm really just stupid (big surprise, right?). The server would've rebooted about thirty seconds or so after my death, but luckily Tesh delayed it, lol, and I got my bolts and stuff and it was all good and like that entire issue never even happened, lol. I thought it was funny. And I seriously laughed when I woke up in the chapel, but I was still a bit upset and worried about my bolts.

Another time... (this story will be shorter, I promise), when I was about level 15 or 16 or so, I was going through the ziggurat for the sole purpose of getting to the top with the liches and the marilith. All the pirate were there and stuff though, and I didn't want to kbother killing them because they'd pick up my arrows and I would have to loot their corpses and stuff (wow, more of my deaths are arrow/bolt related than I realized). So I'm like, 'ok, I'm level 15/16/whatever. I'm strong, I've got a lot of hp (only not really, lol, this was before I had ever played a non-elf character so what did I know?), I can just run through them all and I won't die'. Well, I ran about halfway through, got trapped, and then smacked to death. Yep. Level 16 (or whatever), dying to pirates, not even pirate captains or kings, just pirates.

Then there was that other time in the UFO.. getting cornered and smacked to death by that alien and not being able to quit out or cast blink... but I don't really feel like talking about that, lol, I've babbled on enough... for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
I have a funny story, not about a death but related to a death...
I forget what it was that killed me this time, actually, but I died, and appeared in the Temple of Life in the usual fashion... and there was a huge (3 squares by 3, I think), golden-yellow Dragon standing behind the altar. I almost fell out of my chair. I'd just come out of a stressful combat situation, y'see... But it didn't start to attack me, so I clicked on it. It was Binyamin.
Haha, I think he tries to do stuff like that. When he gave me my orca lich hunting license (the first time, not the second or third) I was in lava pools, which was a map I usually died in at the time and it still made me nervous, and I was running from fire and stuff since my resists suck, and then all of a sudden this orange and yellow thing pops up next to me (Binyamin) and I job. And then after realizing it was Binyamin I thought I was in trouble and was scared in a different way.

Oh, and I should probably mention all the times when I was a new player too (actually I still do this >.>). If there was a monster that killed me I would kept going back to try and kill it and dying until I "won". Like, when I was still level one, there was this one map with one skeleton in it (yes, just one) and I kept shooting it over and over again and trying to kill it but it kept killing me. I never killed it. I look back and now it makes no sense at all; why didn't it die? I'm pretty sure it wasn't an NPC. Even with just two range it should've died after that many arrows.

Last edited by Penny : 06-20-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:36 AM

thepixie has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I went into the aliens and told myself red, blue, and white aliens were just around the corner. The aliens were tricky. I can burn the flumps, so that gives me some room to move. Somehow the idea struck me that some of the walls may be illusionary as I felt the aliens must have more gizmos other than the hat in the third map.

Oh, and I was trapped twice. Aliens tackled me on all sides.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:04 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

my 2 best deaths would be

1. Tesh wanted people to Tesh out if Lightning bolt bug was fixed, so To test it out I launched a lightning bolt at myself. Smart ol' me Have 0 resists, and no mana shield casted. needless to say..... I died. lost 1m exp to it too.

2. Drowning in AV while running from a summon trap, because I stepped on it, and my exit was blocked by a mono.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:01 PM

Myself has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Yesterday, I did an easy quest for (much) lower levels. Due to the easyness of the monsters in the area, I felt safe running around without resists and with low mana due to heavy Glimpse usage (and only 1 incantation). However, I then stepped in a magic trap. I quickly backed away, cast Cure Blindness, and saw a Hydra and a Gorgon. 3 fireballs obliterated the Hydra. To be extra safe (I was already wearing a Resist Petrify ring), I cast Resist Petrify and then demolished the Gorgon with another blast of fireball/blizzard. I then noticed the Skull that had also been summoned. Since they take slightly longer to kill due to their resists, I moved around the wall between us and started lining up a Fear. Unfortunately, though caution had occurred to me with the Gorgon, I didn't think that it might be a good idea to cast Resist Fire and Resist Cold before engaging, especially as I was dependent on mana shield yet low on mana. As I was casting Fear, the skull torched me to death with Dragon Breath faster than I could hit my quit or portable hole aliases.

And that is how a level 23 pixie died on a quest appropriate for level 7s.