Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:54 PM

Lanterra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default If I where making an MMORPG.

So, I'm sure we've all had it. We're sitting there and suddenly we have the thought "Here's something that would be awesome in a game" or "If i where to make a game, here's what it would have."

I've personally spent years jotting my ideas all around in the hopes that someday I'd be able to put them into use (I'm years away from even considering beginning the project, but I am beginning to get a concept together) and figured I could share some of them, both wacky and practical, and other people could add to it and we could all have a good laugh over our ideas.

Here are mine, in no particular order:

The tutorial would be segmented and combined with most of character creation. It would start at the age of 6 (for human characters) and present them with 5-6 choices to choose from, each choice either adding stats from the base amount, removing them, or both, and presenting them with a short event to play through to learn a control. It would then advance say 6 months and offer 5-6 more choices, and so on to 16-18 and a fully fleshed out character.

Two handed weapons, 1 handed weapons, and two-weapon fighting would be balanced against eachother- Two handed weapons would do roughly 1 3/4 - 1 6/8 the damage of a one handed weapon, and have standard difficulty to hit. One handed weapons would have standard difficulty to hit, and allow use of a shield. Two-weapon fighting would of course have double the damage ability of a one handed weapon, and thus more potential damage than even a two-handed weapon, but would have significantly less chance to hit. Currently I'm thinking starting at 25% chance to hit untrained, and going up with skill to 50%-60%, but that would require tweaking.

Admins would be able to temporarily add "Pest" to the name of anyone who annoys them.

There would be incentive to have a backup weapon skill trained.

I have other ideas but I'll leave them until later.

Last edited by Lanterra : 04-01-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanterra View Post
Admins would be able to temporarily add "Pest" to the name of anyone who annoys them.
Briefly, a number of the annoying people in Wyvern had their shout-verb temporarily changed to "whine." But, guess what? People actually like that and start acting annoying to obtain the "honor." So from experience I can tell you that the pest thing will only lead to more pests.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:09 PM

Lanterra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
Briefly, a number of the annoying people in Wyvern had their shout-verb temporarily changed to "whine." But, guess what? People actually like that and start acting annoying to obtain the "honor." So from experience I can tell you that the pest thing will only lead to more pests.
Hmmm, then perhaps the names of the players who follow the rules perfectly for long enough should get it instead?