Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Best Wyvern Memory....

What is your best Wyvern memory? You know, the one that you think of first when you hear "Wyvern". Yeah, that one!
Old 12-02-2013, 02:31 PM

Morwen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have lots, but my favorite moments were probably the first time I cleared Hades and the Shoggoth Caverns. Felt like a I might actually know what I was doing at that point. ^_^
Old 12-02-2013, 07:49 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

When I got the fastest time on the remodeled MMA. It felt great knowing that my build was effective even though it wasn't the run of the mill build. I was really trying to make a very self sustaining character and I managed to do it.

A statue would have been cool too but I suppose that doesn't matter nowadays anyway.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:33 AM

tichondrius has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

My favorite would be when I managed to break out of the Wyvern jail. I never replicated that feat, as I wasn't willing to get stuck in jail just to test my hypotheses (in hindsight, repeating the jailbreak would probably be considered as exploiting a bug, so I'm glad I didn't experiment). My guess is that the jailbreak involved server latency and my furious attempt (mashing the down arrow) to escape from the guard trying to arrest me. Also, I had no idea that trying to take a picture of the Black Rose queen would be considered as assault.

Last edited by tichondrius : 12-03-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Best and worst memory:

Becoming a Wizard.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:48 AM

Brionac has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I kind of have two, from different eras of my playing time.

First one was when I won one of those Cisco Goldstein LQs. Beating out a few competitive friends like Isagar and Ploog.(Ploog had won the one(s) prior)

Secondly was being able to play again, HoFing a human paladin, and making a ridiculous HoF pic for myself that totally fit me.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:54 AM

Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Small, seemingly trivial accomplishments felt like important milestones to me back in the day. I was still using dial-up (atrocious lag), and I wasn't that bright. So being able to complete Mist Temple and join the Monks Guild was cause for celebration for me. But it couldn't compare to finally getting Morgus to HoF in 2004 (or was it 2005?). In retrospect, I had only been playing for little over a year, but time seemed to pass much more slowly during those awkward adolescent years.

Honorable mentions include tanking hit after hit in BRMA with my seemingly endless supply of clovers (before the heal nerf), and finding +10 agility jaunty caps in random stores.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

So, there I was minding my own business as per usual. I had just uploaded the second annual April Fools Forgotten Oak event and logged off to enjoy my day. When I returned, there was all this hubbub in the wiz-tells as, get this, Teshuvah saw the colorful April Fools terrain, ignored the upside down buildings, jesters, and emotealls that say "April Fools" if you bother to actually move around within the map (Teshuvah left after one look) and she emailed Legolas to tell him about this big terrain bug in Forgotten Oak. Oh how I laughed and laughed... and laughed. And then, guess what? I laughed some more!

Was it the best moment ever? It's hard to say given the hilarity surrounding the incident where Legolas popped into Teshuvah's workroom and ran across her screen while disguised as the new spider graphic that he designed. He wanted to show off what he just created, but didn't give her any warning so she freaked out and hit her quit alias in a panic. Sadly, I wasn't there to see it, but oh I laughed and laughed... and laughed when I heard about that, let me tell you.

Then there was the time Teshuvah... well, you get the idea.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:41 PM

banichi has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

To be honest, I think my happiest Wyvern memory might be when I figured out that the game came out on my birthday (February 4th)
But then again, I never HoFed anyone, which probably would have surpassed that.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:27 AM

Narhalles has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

my favorite wyvern memory was killing ploog as he was afk in one of the arenas with my level 18 raksha.

or maybe killing a monopod with a level 8 stormgiant... and then seeing 4 bug fixes coming in the next day..... good times.

Narhalles - Rak Tiger - Cavies - level 22
Sihon - Stone Giant - Unguilded - level 21
LifeLine - Pixie Swords man - Unguilded - level 12
EgoMachine - Halfing Whipper - Unguilded - level 19
IC - Frost Giant - Unguilded - level 10
StaticS - Storm Giant - Unguilded - level 16
Old 12-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have a ton of great wyvern memories including RDing with a large group of people. I think it was 6 or 7 of us and was almost worthless for the exp and caused a bunch of lag but it was fun all the same. Also have a lot of memories surrounding the pally chat. Gotta love theetube.