Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Development
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Development Here you can discuss anything and everything involving creating your own content for Wyvern. Have a problem with an arch file or a map? Want to show off something you've been working on? If so this is the place for you.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:17 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation
Post New Maps!

Hi folks. Tom here. I'm very excited that Wyvern is coming back and pleased to be working on it as the new Arilou. I've been working on building new maps to add on to his areas and thought I'd share one of my latest designs.

What do you think? I've only made a few maps so far but I think I'm getting the hang of it. This one is called The Rainbow Dragon Unity Pirate Bar. I thought it would be cool to have a place where all different dragons can meet in peace to have a drink and since normal people are afraid of them pirates are the only ones willing to serve them.

I think the XP will be good and since they bring all their best treasure with them to show off it's a great place to loot.

It's part of a larger area of bars that the pirates set up for different monsters. Next door will be the demon bar and across the way will be the golem bar and next to that will be the undead bar and I'll think up some other stuff as I go along. I'll be adding the whole thing to FO. Hope to see you looting it soon!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:09 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Is it sad that the thing that stood out to me the most was the messed up walls?
Old 03-31-2016, 11:15 PM
Forum Admin

Hi, Jack. The walls are not messed up. They're designed to prevent someone from being able to run straight down that side of the map. It adds to the challenge. Cheers.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:12 AM

rilian has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to rilian

Its perfect... *wipes tear, Everything I've dreamed of...Reminds me of the wyvern I played in early 02.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:14 AM
Forum Admin

Thanks, Ril. I'll be sure to give you a special sneak peak if you're around for the Alpha test.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:08 AM

rilian has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to rilian

Actually, There is one thing you could add, I mean the treasure is nice, but maybe a pile of gold wouldn't hurt...don't be stingy.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Forum Admin

Sorry, Ril, no can do. Gold has to be rare enough to be worthwhile to buy or I don't get paid.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I heard you were taking requests as well. While leveling a Mage I really enjoyed areas with lots of showgoths. If you were able to make a place where I can kill a LOT of them easily without the danger of getting close to them, I would be very thankful for the future training opportunities. Oh also loot, it needs a lot of that too.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Forum Admin

Thanks for the tip, Jack. I'll get on that. I'm also working on a new tutorial tower. It's going to be popping.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:59 PM
Forum Admin

Hi. Here's a town I was working on. It's called New Town and I am going to try to get it into the low level areas because I'm sure to get a lot of traffic that way. It was one of my first maps so don't judge too harshly. It's a little rough, unlike my dragon map. As you can see I got the hang of this whole map thing by then.

Old 04-02-2016, 05:55 AM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
Hi. Here's a town I was working on. It's called New Town and I am going to try to get it into the low level areas because I'm sure to get a lot of traffic that way. It was one of my first maps so don't judge too harshly. It's a little rough, unlike my dragon map. As you can see I got the hang of this whole map thing by then.
Wow, not a bad attempt for a first try. But surely you can do better than to name it "New Town"
Old 04-02-2016, 05:13 PM
Forum Admin

What's wrong with New Town? That's how most towns are named.

****ie Town
Pixie Town
Magetown
Old 04-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Player Mod

Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I love the way you created a rainbow with both the floor and the dragons. It's really cool. Also, it's nice to see a small area with lots of XP and lots of loot, those sorts of areas started to be really scarce when old Arilou and the other wizards were so focused on balance that they overlooked what the players really wanted - a quick way to HoF. I also like New Town, and I really think Valkon is wrong, the name is super duper catchy.

I have a great idea for a set of maps - can you make a Nodlovetown, plz? It would be really cool. Lots of dream-like areas and halflings all over the place. Maybe a big statue dedicated to me with a little backstory about the glory I achieved when I finally reached level 8? That would be fantastic. Also, if you could just make shrines dedicated to all of my characters, that would be great. Especially the one that got banned, Xurryn, and his successor, Fyuthex (pronounced few-THECKS, put that in the plaque in front of the shrine), they were both nagas. I can't remember the names or races of my other characters, so maybe just wing it on them. Thanks in advance!

Oh, and you should also go back and grab those map screenshots from Josiah's threads and make a few maps in his style. It's along the same vein as New Town, so it shouldn't be too hard for a map-master like you.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:33 AM
Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodlove View Post
Especially the one that got banned, Xurryn,
No account with that name was ever banished.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:17 PM
Player Mod

Zurryn? I don't quite remember which name it was, or the spelling. It was a Naga. xD
Old 05-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Forum Admin

Nope, that's not it either. How do you expect Tom to glorify a character whose name you don't even remember?
Old 05-03-2016, 08:38 AM
Player Mod

Perhaps Ryghug or Thorkul? xD
Old 05-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Forum Admin

Now you're just guessing.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Player Mod

Haha, those are real characters I had at one point. I promise. I searched for an email with the names of my characters. xD