Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-15-2012, 03:41 AM
Jacksparow Jacksparow is offline
Player Mod
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States
Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Wayback Machine

For those wanting to stroll around an archived version of
the website; here you go.

http://web.archive.org/web/201103030.../cabochon.com/
  #2  
Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Irlazy's Avatar
Irlazy Irlazy is offline
Player Mod
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Sliced bread time to move over... Sliced bread never made me feel nostalgic so from now on I am going to say this is the best thing since wayback machine!


AKA this is awesome!
  #3  
Old 02-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Morgus's Avatar
Morgus Morgus is offline
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Yo, I remember doing this. I checked the "Who's Online" link at various times in '03 and '04, trying desperately to find myself amongst the 70+ players. Finally found myself, and it was awesome. I also remember finding Arilou in there in 2002 or something, listed as a player.
  #4  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Arilou's Avatar
Arilou Arilou is offline
Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Arilou has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgus View Post
Yo, I remember doing this. I checked the "Who's Online" link at various times in '03 and '04, trying desperately to find myself amongst the 70+ players. Finally found myself, and it was awesome. I also remember finding Arilou in there in 2002 or something, listed as a player.
Not possible. I logged into Arilou for less than a half hour before being promoted and this happened in a month (January 2003) that the Wayback Machine has no snapshots of said list. So if I am on any of the recorded who's online pages, then it would have been after my promotion - I was actually visible quite a lot back in the day and logged long hours, so it wouldn't surprise me if it captured that. Another possibility is that you got tricked by someone who made a name similar to mine - There were a few that had to be banished over the years.
  #5  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:24 AM
Jacksparow Jacksparow is offline
Player Mod
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States
Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Going through the who's online is quite fun. I found arisu as a level 5, and a wizard named Galdor that I've never heard of before.
  #6  
Old 02-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Arilou's Avatar
Arilou Arilou is offline
Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Arilou has disabled reputation
Default

Galdor coded the Rogue's Guild.
  #7  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Morgus's Avatar
Morgus Morgus is offline
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Morgus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
Not possible. I logged into Arilou for less than a half hour before being promoted and this happened in a month (January 2003) that the Wayback Machine has no snapshots of said list. So if I am on any of the recorded who's online pages, then it would have been after my promotion - I was actually visible quite a lot back in the day and logged long hours, so it wouldn't surprise me if it captured that. Another possibility is that you got tricked by someone who made a name similar to mine - There were a few that had to be banished over the years.
Heh, yeah. I must've confused you for someone else.
  #8  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Dracco's Avatar
Dracco Dracco is offline
Player Mod
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oregon
Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

In that case, my hat's off to Galdor and Arilou. My dwarf rogue was the most fun character I have ever made in Wyvern.

It took me a while to find me in the archives, but I finally did in 2005 as a level 20 mage. As well as my brother, Jango, who rarely ever plays/played.
  #9  
Old 10-28-2014, 07:23 PM
Halfaxe's Avatar
Halfaxe Halfaxe is offline
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Halfaxe has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Btw the link to the wayback machine in this thread worked for me to be able to see the old site again, incase anyone wanted to take a look.
  #10  
Old 11-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Nodlove's Avatar
Nodlove Nodlove is offline
Player Mod
 
Join Date: May 2012
Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfaxe View Post
Btw the link to the wayback machine in this thread worked for me to be able to see the old site again, incase anyone wanted to take a look.
Rejoice! =D

I don't know why I like going to a website that doesn't actually even function for a game that isn't around anymore, but I love it! Anyway, I can attest to the truth of this. =)

Went back down. How lovely. The other day I felt like reminiscing. Sad face.
__________________
And then I wake up.
  #11  
Old 05-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Arilou's Avatar
Arilou Arilou is offline
Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Arilou has disabled reputation
Default

It's up again now so you should make use of it while you can before it goes away again.

Btw, I think I showed great restraint in not shouting; "The Wyvern website is up again! The Wyvern website it up again!" and then smirking at the annoyed people when I explained to them that I was technically being truthful; I just didn't say that it was up again on the Way Back Machine. I should get a halfling arm or maybe a leg of rakshasa for resisting my natural instincts this time. What do you say, Nodlove? You don't really need both of your arms, do you?
  #12  
Old 05-05-2015, 04:41 AM
Jacksparow Jacksparow is offline
Player Mod
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States
Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Thank you for the update Arilou. You may just have a heart after all
  #13  
Old 05-09-2015, 12:15 AM
Arilou's Avatar
Arilou Arilou is offline
Forum Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Arilou has disabled reputation
Default

Or not - I have known that it's been back for awhile and only just recently thought to say anything about it.
  #14  
Old 05-29-2015, 08:11 PM
Jacksparow Jacksparow is offline
Player Mod
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United States
Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

laerad [help] shouts: is there a way to prevent curse, aside from scroll and spell?
whippz [help] shouts: don't fight monsters with curse

I saw that on an image from the wayback machine, and I had a good giggle out of it.
  #15  
Old 06-02-2015, 10:32 AM
ranshasRAK ranshasRAK is offline
 

Join Date: May 2014
ranshasRAK has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
laerad [help] shouts: is there a way to prevent curse, aside from scroll and spell?
whippz [help] shouts: don't fight monsters with curse

I saw that on an image from the wayback machine, and I had a good giggle out of it.
haha, my nostalgia goggles HAD erased all the smart alecks who popped up when you needed help xD
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Wyvern Forums
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 AM.

Forum: Contact Us - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.