Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Miscellaneous
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Miscellaneous For anything related to Wyvern that does not fit into the other forums (this is not a place to goof off and post whatever nonsense comes to mind).

Old 08-06-2010, 07:39 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
Apparently a headband called a "blind" fold is what he wants...*roll eyes*
You know, it sounds ridiculous, but there isn't anything inherently wrong with the ability to stop a blindfold from covering your eyes. Its just a strip of fabric, really. There aren't even headbands in Wyvern, that I know of. The real issue is its redundancy - "why does it even exist if it doesn't always blind you?" (That and the sheer effort of implementing something so pointless) Then again, blinding doesn't have any benefit of which I know, so it makes sense someone might want to make use of an enchanted blindfold without being blind (Blindfolds sometimes come up enchanted, right?). A nice possibility is that a blindfold will drop down over your eyes when cursed, or a cursed headband is a blindfold - flawed or bargain loot!

The real failure here is his spelling and the fact that he asks why you are blinded instead just making it a straight suggestion, but his point isn't really invalid, so I don't think it deserves a facepalm or rolleyes. Still deserves to be on here, though.

If you guys post people requesting to wear helmets backwards, I'm going to be angry, though.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeofar View Post
You know, it sounds ridiculous, but there isn't anything inherently wrong with the ability to stop a blindfold from covering your eyes. Its just a strip of fabric, really. There aren't even headbands in Wyvern, that I know of. The real issue is its redundancy - "why does it even exist if it doesn't always blind you?" (That and the sheer effort of implementing something so pointless) Then again, blinding doesn't have any benefit of which I know, so it makes sense someone might want to make use of an enchanted blindfold without being blind (Blindfolds sometimes come up enchanted, right?). A nice possibility is that a blindfold will drop down over your eyes when cursed, or a cursed headband is a blindfold - flawed or bargain loot!

The real failure here is his spelling and the fact that he asks why you are blinded instead just making it a straight suggestion, but his point isn't really invalid, so I don't think it deserves a facepalm or rolleyes. Still deserves to be on here, though.

If you guys post people requesting to wear helmets backwards, I'm going to be angry, though.
Did you read the topic title?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:58 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Quote:
You know, it sounds ridiculous, but there isn't anything inherently wrong with the ability to stop a blindfold from covering your eyes.
There actually is a way to stop it from covering your eyes. Don't put it on. I know that sounds crazy but it works.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayr View Post
There actually is a way to stop it from covering your eyes. Don't put it on. I know that sounds crazy but it works.
They came out with a wonderful new invention - it's called a foothat. Its uncomfortable to wear, but you can't do anything with it beside wear it on your feet. Other than that quality, it is identical to a normal hat.

Sure, blindfolds fill the slot of flawed equipment by the very fact that they blind you, and they are indeed called blindfolds, but with any attempt at creative thought the notion of being unable to change how you tie on a swath of fabric to your body is totally counter intuitive. The only reason I even replied to your posts is because if you guys did a "facepalm" "rolleyes" response at the guy on Wyvern itself I probably would have posted THAT here. That being said, you obviously feel strongly about it, but I'm not really interested in an internet argument on the merits of allowing or disallowing people to position blindfolds however they please.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
They came out with a wonderful new invention - it's called a foothat. Its uncomfortable to wear, but you can't do anything with it beside wear it on your feet. Other than that quality, it is identical to a normal hat.

Sure, blindfolds fill the slot of flawed equipment by the very fact that they blind you, and they are indeed called blindfolds, but with any attempt at creative thought the notion of being unable to change how you tie on a swath of fabric to your body is totally counter intuitive. The only reason I even replied to your posts is because if you guys did a "facepalm" "rolleyes" response at the guy on Wyvern itself I probably would have posted THAT here. That being said, you obviously feel strongly about it, but I'm not really interested in an internet argument on the merits of allowing or disallowing people to position blindfolds however they please.
They can "rp" wearing it anywhere they please, but not wearing it and wearing it are the two options, there are no other options, so expecting different results is beyond silly.
He wanted the non-bungling armor bonuses that the blindfold had btw and was trying to get a way to get the bonuses without the blindness, if that helps. So can't have it both ways lol
Old 08-11-2010, 05:42 PM

vassen shouts: Anyone else experiencing lag?
below shouts: I am
teshuvah bubbles: now vassen, how does knowing that below is also lagging help you. I need to know.

Just FYI, that is not me.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

ifewish shouts: not doing it anymore
lifewish shouts: who knows? or I am just stupid
Aeroth tells you: You are stupid. *nod*
Aeroth tells you: mis
Aeroth tells you: *sigh*
varjo shouts: you are pretty stupid.....
lifewish shouts: got some good exp..
Aeroth tells you: darnit
Aeroth tells you: Got beat to the punch
Old 08-12-2010, 12:06 PM

Well, I didn't think of saving any part of the chat log, but I find the fact that there was discussion on building homemade flamethrowers highly amusing.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:58 PM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

11:52am: teshuvah [help] bubbles: no one has ever had a problem zulo. They find a smith, make a smith or use other swords and do just fine.
11:52am: teshuvah [help] bubbles: oops he logged off , I really should check that first.

I never knew the wizards made mistakes, guess they are human too :/

Well, we live and learn? Right?

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
11:52am: teshuvah [help] bubbles: no one has ever had a problem zulo. They find a smith, make a smith or use other swords and do just fine.
11:52am: teshuvah [help] bubbles: oops he logged off , I really should check that first.

I never knew the wizards made mistakes, guess they are human too :/

Well, we live and learn? Right?
Lifewish finds this funny?
*shakes head and walks away*
Read the purpose of the thread next time, and the forum rules while youre at it before you lose the ability to post on the forum. We put up with enough nonsense in the game, we arent going to put up with it here.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:31 AM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

*clears throat... tries to clear throat again and actually succeeds* zing... that is all...
Old 09-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irlazy View Post
*clears throat... tries to clear throat again and actually succeeds* zing... that is all...
*slaps IrLazy* get back to work, youse!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:56 PM

kiez has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I don't remember who posted it, but a mid level player (14) legitimately asked what gold was used for a little before Wyvern was transferred to Ruby.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiez View Post
a little before Wyvern was transferred to Ruby.
Wait, what does this mean? Am I missing something here?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
Wait, what does this mean? Am I missing something here?
He is mistakenly under the impression that wyvern code was changed to Ruby.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:32 AM

kiez has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I know I posted the last one, but this one was just too... embarassingly amusing to pass up. Hooray for posting something that makes you look bad!

You shout: Anybody magees. kill me nagas with me? Or tackle AV? for it You need a tank.
You shout: Grammar = Horrible there
themadhobo shouts: I liked your grammar there
You shout: Any mages want to tackle AV with me. You need a tank to do it.

I tried to cut and paste my different thoughts and didn't check things . Just look at that sentence structure. Now the capitalization. Now the spelling. Wow. Just Wow.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:31 PM

9:53am: righteous shouts: I wisssh dragon form could wear rak clawsss :/
Old 11-01-2010, 02:27 AM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayr View Post
9:53am: righteous shouts: I wisssh dragon form could wear rak clawsss :/
Its nice to know that Dragons cannot wear belts, like come on >.>, and claws for nagas would be nice....

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
Its nice to know that Dragons cannot wear belts, like come on >.>, and claws for nagas would be nice....
Yes, yes. We can let nagas wear claws (which are claw extensions), on their paws that have claws which would be none. And then we can remove their shifts and make them Rakshasa
Sounds like plan.
This was posted by Trayr because what you said was stupid. No one can believe anyone would say it. Read the topic title.
It was stupid when hado suggested it and he was told so and why, so you keep going with it is even more stupid.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Trying to comprehend the above statement about people feeling stupid made me feel a bit uneducated to put it bluntly.

jazalion [help] shouts: is there any difference between lurkers and trappers besides the color?
arilou shouts: one lurks and the other traps.