Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:30 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silico View Post
No, no you're not.

Also, posting about something in a thread you haven't even read just makes you look ignorant.
I read everything that was important, he just kept going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

Get the point?
Old 06-02-2008, 08:41 AM

Ovrlndnsea has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkand View Post
I read nothing that was important, he just kept going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

Get the point?
Not really. If you're such that you read nothing important, you don't have a point to make.

...alright. Disregarding the quote, if you don't read the entire length of a post, you will not have read everything important, if there is anything important in it. And there is something important in it, as you implied.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:43 PM

Tensu of the moon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessikha View Post
I will ONLY respond to your next post if you "adress" the following issue:

- Life only affects the timer ~95% of the time, and a timer is not defensive or offensive (or is both, however you want to word it), thus life is just support.
I've already explained this. twice. but since you apparently haven't read my posts and just like to hear yourself (read yourself?) talk, I'll explain it again.

definition of support = to uphold or prolong something.

resist spell = defensive

life magic prolongs the duriation of a defensive spell

life magic is thus defensive support.

don't try and act like I'm flaming you because your opinion is different than mine. earlier on you said that I was wrong and your opinion = fact. now you say that it is just your opinion. apperently you have realized you are wrong and are trying to cover your tracks. while I applaude this possible realization, it would make you look less pretentious to just admit fault and let us all get on with our lives.

pardon my atrocious spelling and grammar

this is a cool forum if you play magic:
http://realmtg.freeforums.org/index.php
and tell them Tensu sent you!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:51 PM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I have an idea... insted of making new reply, just edit your old post . cos i dont know if you have realiced, that you have turned this post from talking about how usefull life skill can be to a useless talk about if life spells are suportive, defensive or who cares what... (tensu and jess thats with you 2...)
Old 06-03-2008, 03:39 PM

Jessikha has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
(Tensu) earlier on you said that I was wrong and your opinion = fact. now you say that it is just your opinion.
Quote:
(Jessikha, 05-28-2008, my second post) The reason I say life is simply non-denominational support is because 95% of the spells life magic affects are only timers
Swing and a miss. I am clearly seen here stating this as an opinion statement. You're simply misquoting me now. Who doesn't read whose posts?

Quote:
(Tensu) I've already explained this. twice. but since you apparently haven't read my posts and just like to hear yourself (read yourself?) talk, I'll explain it again.
I've pained myself by reading every one of your posts the entire way through. I even re-read a few when you made references back to them. You've even forced me to re-read my own posts because you're misquoting me, as illustrated above in this post.

Quote:
(Tensu) definition of support = to uphold or prolong something.

resist spell = defensive

life magic prolongs the duriation of a defensive spell

life magic is thus defensive support.
Definition of support? Correct.
Resist spells are defensive? Correct.
Life magic prolongs the duration of certain defensive spells? Correct.
This makes life magic defensive? Incorrect.

This thread is about the purpose of life magic; not life magic mixed with fire magic, or water, air, etc. It is on life magic's influence on spells. All life does is prolong a spell; whether the spell is defensive, offensive, or neutral makes no difference in what life magic does to it, which is make it last longer. If the resist spells stopped giving resist, life's affect is still the same.

Seriously, you even support my argument in your post:

Quote:
(Tensu) definition of support = to uphold or prolong something.
All life magic does is prolong spells; it doesn't make them stronger, more defensive, and doesn't give them more resist, it simply prolongs them. Life magic is the very definition of support.

Unless you can give me a real argument that isn't supported by ever changing definitions, misquotes, and ignorance, kindly stop posting in this thread. I have repeated myself over a dozen times now on my stance, and why every argument you have thrown out against it is wrong. It is getting old.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:05 PM

I spent the last few days watching this post, and reading several new and old post made and I have come to one conclusion.
Tensu, stop being so stubborn, and don't make everything vague. Jessikha has actually supported her post with evidence that is based upon facts, while you support your with opinions. Then, when you are clearly out-matched, you start to attack jassikha (although not in a severe personal manner that most people in this situation do).

Rhialto intends, as far as anyone can discern, to make a group healing spell (something I have now repeated for the third time). That helps healing, which was the entire point of this thread, NOT to talk about life being defensive or offensive, which it is neither.

and don't give me any of that bologna about fire being used to defend because otherwise bla bla bla. A gun used to defend ones life, by the taking of another life does not make a gun an offensive weapon. It's a tool, the purpose of it's function is within the user.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessikha View Post
It does not have to support a specific; it is just a support element. Not defensive support, not offensive support, JUST support.
there you are saying that your opinion=fact in your first responce.

and if something supports defensive spells, doesn't that make it defensive support? I'm not providing any evidence to support your claim. if something supports defensive spells, that makes it defensive support, not non-denominational support, because it's not supporting something non-denominational, it's supporting something defensive.

first off Salkland, weren't you ignoring me? I suppose you could have been reading what I said n quotes, but then it defeats the purpose of ignoring me if you're still going to read everything I say and respond to it.

second off, I really don't care what you think salkland, since all I've seen you do is make baseless arguement and complain that everyone else is cramping your style or something. and as annoying as she is, at least jessika doesn't run away from the debate with her fingers in her ears shouting "nyah nyah nyah, I'm right! I'm not listening! I'm always right! I can't hear you!" like you did. I what I said wasn't true, why did you try and run from it? anything that isn't true can't hurt you if you know it's not true.

third off, I have provided lots of facts to support my claim, from the definition of life magic in the wyvern manuel to the defnition of the word support. all jessika has done is rant about how her opinion is right and hasn't given any evidence to support this. is it possible you've gotten s mixed up?

fourth off, in the post where you publicly announced you where ignoring me, which as being a jerk goes is the internet equivilent to posting a big billboard saying "I don't like so-in-so because He debunks my arguements" over a highway for all to see (or a back ally as the case may be) you guessed my gender wrong. I'm a guy. just letting you know.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensu of the moon View Post

first off Salkland, weren't you ignoring me? I suppose you could have been reading what I said n quotes, but then it defeats the purpose of ignoring me if you're still going to read everything I say and respond to it.

second off, I really don't care what you think salkland, since all I've seen you do is make baseless arguement and complain that everyone else is cramping your style or something. and as annoying as she is, at least jessika doesn't run away from the debate with her fingers in her ears shouting "nyah nyah nyah, I'm right! I'm not listening! I'm always right! I can't hear you!" like you did. I what I said wasn't true, why did you try and run from it? anything that isn't true can't hurt you if you know it's not true.

third off, I have provided lots of facts to support my claim, from the definition of life magic in the wyvern manuel to the defnition of the word support. all jessika has done is rant about how her opinion is right and hasn't given any evidence to support this. is it possible you've gotten s mixed up?

fourth off, in the post where you publicly announced you where ignoring me, which as being a jerk goes is the internet equivilent to posting a big billboard saying "I don't like so-in-so because He debunks my arguements" over a highway for all to see (or a back ally as the case may be) you guessed my gender wrong. I'm a guy. just letting you know.
First off, you are annoying because you argue pointlessly.
Second, you are the one who bases everything on opinion.
Third, you need to learn you aren't always right.
Fourth, I am regretting un-ignoring you after reading your second post.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:03 AM

I'M arguing pointlessly? you are THE KING of arguing pointlessly.

second, I have based everything on fact, and I have examples of me basing my claims on facts. point out one time when I based things on opinion one. then point out one time when either you are jessica have posted facts to back up your claims. (against me)

good luck doing either (you'll need it)

third, I know I'm not always right. when I'm not sure if I'm right, I don't say anything, thus making it appear that I am always right. you only think I I think I'm always right because you can't see all the times I've held my tongue.

a side effect of not talking when I don't know what I'm talking about is that I am very rarely wrong, and when I am wrong, it is usually because my judgement was impeded by strong emotion or I was presented with information that was passed as correct but was incorrect.

and finally, you seldom don't regret returning to the slaughter after retreating. go back to pretending I don't exist and you're always right. while you're at it, why not pretend I care. In fact, where it not for the fact that the forum I really want to post on is under matinence right now, I doubt I'd be responding to you at all.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

*Blows the whistle*
This has turned into endless nonsense.
Keep on topic, and stop the arguing or I shall be forced to lock it.

T
Old 06-04-2008, 06:32 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

But....but...this was turning into one of my favorite soap operas....
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
*slap* BATHE
Old 06-05-2008, 08:01 AM

peacemaster has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to peacemaster

Quote:
Me and you, let's light a candle for this soap and hope for a sequel
Old 06-05-2008, 12:48 PM

Indeed, I shall wait with baited breath.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Forum Admin

Legolas has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Indeed, I shall wait with baited breath.
Baited breath? You need to bathe and brush your teeth. Unless perchance you meant bated breath?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:23 PM

Indeed no, I was letting on how I catch fish, they thing my breath is baited so they are attracted towards me and I can catch them easier.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:13 PM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The plot thickens!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:16 PM

Jessikha has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Ooh...Legolas posted in the forums, this must have been entertaining to other people.

Tensu, if you absolutely insist on continuing the pointless argument, send me a PM about it. End of story.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:23 PM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I insist you continue here! For the betterment of life magic of course, we need to stay on topic right?
Old 06-06-2008, 05:14 AM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny

Today I realized that life magic doesn't strengthen the regeneration spell either. I think it should.
Life magic should affect life spells. >.> Earth magic affects strength.
And for non-human/halfling mages, who only get three skill points per level, it would be helpful to be able to heal using regeneration and life magic (something they already need to train for resist length and stuff). Magic usually takes up more skill points than archery and melee, and as far as I can tell this has made pixies mages ("natural" mages) weaker than human mages.

So yeah, I think life magic needs an upgrade.