Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:58 AM

happyrabitz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to happyrabitz
Default Dragonlance

Anybody read Dragonlance books here?

If so, name your fav. book, char, ect

ill start it, my favorite book is currnetly the ogre titans: black talon. my fav. character is golgren, and if i could be anything dragonlance related i would be a black robe ^^

Rabitz - human pally lv. 21 BANNED
golgren - fire giant cavie lv. 18 BANNED
erebus - lion axeman lv. 25 BANNED
subere - dwarf axeman lv. 18
tyranos - fire giant pally lv. 27
happyrabitz - halfling ranger lv 28 RETIRED
Ulin - human mage lv 25
habrab - human rogue lv 23
Old 02-06-2008, 01:02 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

...No favorite book, Margreit Weis and Tracy Hickman write nothing except good books. Raistlin Majere is my favorite character, I would also be a black robe.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:14 AM

Wanderer has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Have you read anyhing by Raymond E. Feist? Great books, although the ideas and style is a bit ordinary. Some cool characters though.
As I posted under the new race argument *sigh* the Shannara books, by Terry Brooks (my hero) are fantastic
My best book will have to be Assassins Apprentice by Robin Hobb. The beginning of an amazing three trilogies. Also contains my fav character, Fitz.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:17 AM

happyrabitz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to happyrabitz

Well Salkand i would sugest you pick up the ogre titians book if you like irda, and powerful magic of the such

Rabitz - human pally lv. 21 BANNED
golgren - fire giant cavie lv. 18 BANNED
erebus - lion axeman lv. 25 BANNED
subere - dwarf axeman lv. 18
tyranos - fire giant pally lv. 27
happyrabitz - halfling ranger lv 28 RETIRED
Ulin - human mage lv 25
habrab - human rogue lv 23
Old 02-07-2008, 07:47 PM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Have you read anyhing by Raymond E. Feist? Great books, although the ideas and style is a bit ordinary. Some cool characters though.
As I posted under the new race argument *sigh* the Shannara books, by Terry Brooks (my hero) are fantastic
My best book will have to be Assassins Apprentice by Robin Hobb. The beginning of an amazing three trilogies. Also contains my fav character, Fitz.
Was half way through "Magician", seems pretty decent... never got the chance to pick it up again though.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:24 PM

Location: Walking to and fro upon the earth, and going up and down in it
Mintaka has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I recently finished reading Brothers In Arms, the sequel to Soulforge.... very entertaining and also very serious, just as good as everything else they write. I'll dodge the trend and say I would be a Red Robe.

Anyone here for Terry Pratchett? In my opinion, all his books are mind-blowingly cool. They're hilarious, full of puns and random jokes, and yet manage to have great meaning and to tell the truth about life. It's a strange, rather confusing effect.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:09 PM

fikolmij has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Nice thread people. Nice broad range of authors. Some of which I shall definately be trying.

I myself find I lean towards reading some of the more classical fantasy fiction and thoroughly enjoyed the David and Leigh Eddings books through the Belgariad series and the followup the Mallorean. Totalling some 10 books I think through both series it was one of those reads I had trouble in putting down and was often told off by the good lady for still having a light on at 5am. They also have a couterpart series made in a similar world called the Elenium and the Tamuli. Well worth picking all these up for someone with too much time on their hands.

For the more eccentric fantasy fiction I like to read Maggie Fury, her shadowleague series is very good and I'm slightly upset I've come to the end of the trilogy for the 3rd time.

Don't be fooled into thinking I have a narrow reading spectrum and for anyone who likes the slightly deeper and meaningful read I can only recommend one author... The great Isaac Asimov, writes a huge selection of books and genres with a high level of vocabulary.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a new book

Fiko

Last edited by fikolmij : 02-12-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:32 AM

Ioper has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Thumbs up

Does anyone here like to read the Wheel of Time series? I personally have read every book that Robert Jordan has put out except the last one (And regrettably he died before he finished but it may be taken up by another author.)

Still this series is engrossing and the form of "magic" that it uses is truly unique. I strongly recommend that if you are a fan of Fantasy/Adventure books that you go out and get the first book in this series!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:26 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

Ioper, he had dictated the whole book to his brother and wife before he died, and they employ a team of writers to finish the book they way RJ would have wanted...indeed I am deeply into the Wheel of Time series, I enjoy it a lot.
<<<<www.dragonmount.com>>>>
Thats one of the best sites for The WoT series if anyone cares.

Secondly, one of the best series I have ever read was by Tad Williams, called Otherworld The series is so gripping an engaging you don't want to ever stop reading (Narrowly avoided cliche, whoo). I suggest Otherworld to anyone who likes a, well slightly, complicated read.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-20-2009, 03:57 AM

Hoxid has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Anyone read any good books lately?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:54 PM

CryForTheFire has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to CryForTheFire Send a message via MSN to CryForTheFire Send a message via Yahoo to CryForTheFire

You should read some Charles Bukowski