Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Miscellaneous
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Miscellaneous For anything related to Wyvern that does not fit into the other forums (this is not a place to goof off and post whatever nonsense comes to mind).

Old 12-26-2007, 09:25 AM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Xae I have learned something... wizards are like childs with power, its better not to make them angry even when they are wrong(i think its better not to talk about/with/near them). So, if in a long long future with salkand time traveling and arisu playing with Ashton Kutcher, there is a new race hope it to be werewolf. if not, well doesnt matter..
Old 12-26-2007, 02:25 PM

Zurgez has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

What races are there left that are NOT cheesy and lame?

We got Elves, Dwarves, Giants, Nagas, Rakshasas (something I never heard of until I played), pixies, and humans.

And several different flavors of each race.

And note Werewolf/Vampire would suck. (Vampire? Suck? LAWL)

I'd say Rakshasas in different flavors such as Bear/Wolf/Eagle...

Orc is the only thing that really comes to mind. That and Minotaur.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:55 PM

Andron has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Flavors? OMG he eats cats!?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:27 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

I have no idea where people get Werewolf/Vampire as races. In every fantasy thing I can think of they are conditions brought on by a curse or magical "disease" that grants strengths, weaknesses, and an excuse to be emo. It's more like a hard to get rid of class than anything else.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Logwad - People have vampires in their head because, awhile ago, Fenixdown and Stonewing were publicly testing a vampire race that Stonewing got Fenixdown to code. They had not yet asked an arch wizard if it were possible that it could become a race and they both became inactive so nothing came of it.

Then I would assume people got werewolves from reading my blog. You see, rather than making vampires a new starting race, I've always had it in my mind that it would be a good idea to have it as a hidden aspect within the game. After level 25, a quest is opened up to you where the end result is you being bitten by a vampire and waking up as a level 1 vampire yourself (some would argue that you should still be level 25, but it goes against the purpose of this idea which I describe a bit below) without your items (perhaps they can be saved somewhere and reclaimed in a high level quest). For the hell of it, I threw werewolves into my mention of this idea - If this is ever implemented (which I have no power to do, so don't get your hopes up) various different forms and races could be unlocked in this manner. Anyway, the point of it is to give players something to do after they have completed most of the game in a way that offers more temptations than simply making a new character as this is now a status symbol that offers unique challenges.

Zurgez - Rhialto has long had gnome and troll races on his todo list.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:46 AM

Zurgez has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Troll, eh?

Sounds good to me but eh, I want to be a bear.

When is that Druid guild coming, again?
Old 12-27-2007, 01:08 AM
Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurgez View Post
Troll, eh?

Sounds good to me but eh, I want to be a bear.

When is that Druid guild coming, again?
Sometime between now and never considering the wizards who were coding it are inactive. In short don't hold your breath.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:21 AM

Thumbs up

I really like the idea, and I encourage you to make it true. I belive that a quest that give you the option to reborn in something new is great
Old 12-27-2007, 08:47 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Simple question; Arilou, you once said wyvern wasn't a steotypical fantasy world. As an example you said it would be interesting to go through the well of time and see the future of wyvern.

Assuming such a thing every happens. Have you considered using your (sub-race, for lack of a better title) idea to implement alien races into the future of wyvern (future as in the well of time actual future).

(it's an idea and a question all in one)
Old 01-02-2008, 12:10 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurgez View Post
What races are there left that are NOT cheesy and lame?

We got Elves, Dwarves, Giants, Nagas, Rakshasas (something I never heard of until I played), pixies, and humans.

And several different flavors of each race.

And note Werewolf/Vampire would suck. (Vampire? Suck? LAWL)

I'd say Rakshasas in different flavors such as Bear/Wolf/Eagle...

Orc is the only thing that really comes to mind. That and Minotaur.

Rak's in ancient myth were cat-like Demons so, I don't see how "bear/wolf/eagle" could apply to them.

If I was the one making the decision on vampires and such: (which i an't)

1:How about a sub-class system where they would be just upgrades on the other races, like in tome!
(http://www.t-o-m-e.net/main.php?tome_current=0)

2:Maybe there would be a easy quest for changing your sub-class.

3:NO werewolf subclass! werewolf ugh, the very idea seems (new player)ish to me.

New race's? not too many.

Troll? *** three stars! good idea, why not put in more big strong races! *rolls eyes*

Gnome? *^ One and a half stars. maybe good for mages. but wait, don't we already have pixies?

Orc? **** Four stars! I like this one perhaps they would be good with bows and swords?

Minotaur? * One star. I really don't like this idea. As visible in Wyvern these things normally wield Axes and if we don't already have a million things that do this, and its like i said about the Troll.

Last edited by Hamel : 01-02-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:07 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Hamel, read Arilou's blog. He already has a good idea that you have already crossed.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:54 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

How should I have known? I don't read peoples blogs, besides this is just my opinion. =P
Old 01-03-2008, 05:12 AM

Mashirafen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Mashirafen

If we were to have new races, I think they should be ones that you probably won't find in any other game, like Raks.

Maybe next we could have bean people or something.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:26 AM
Forum Admin

Rakshasas are not unique to Wyvern. All we did is take a common fantasy character/monster and eliminate the shapeshifting aspect.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:30 AM

Mashirafen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Mashirafen

Well I'd never heard of them before I discovered Wyvern, and have not seen or heard any mention of them outside of it.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:43 AM
Forum Admin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakshasa_(fiction)

Quote:
Role-playing games
  • Rakshasa have long been a race of villains in the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game. They appear as animal-headed humanoids (generally with tiger or monkey heads) who are masters of necromancy, enchantment, and illusion (which they mostly use to disguise themselves) and are very hard to kill.
  • The Palladium RPG has Rakshasas as a race of Demons, but here, it is spelled "Raksasha".
  • In the White Wolf game Exalted, the raksha is the name by which the Fair Folk refer to themselves as a race.
A large chunk of D&D based computer games will have at least one of them, somewhere within the game (at the very least).
Old 01-03-2008, 10:15 PM

1) cefalid. 2) merfolk - merman. 3) Ent. 4)Wose. 5) goblins. 6) sátiro (don't know spell it in english, it is half man half goat). 6) jinn (or genie). 7) in rank order: Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels, Angels. (i think if any of this is going to be take should be dominions) 8) Imp. 9) Nightmare (some people will say it’s not a race, but could be). 10) Gnome. 11) Dryad. 12) Beast (I know many of you would disagree with this one because is open to may interpretations)

I know some if these races have been already put as ideas for new races, but just wanted to show stuffs i think could be added to the game. I know some one is going to come saying "hey! You know how much code is make a new race?" well I’m not demanding to use my idea, I’m only giving it.