Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 PM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowlight View Post
For games you can play Quake Live for free still, just don't expect to do good. People have been playing for years and you will die... a lot. Then coming soon you have CSGO! which will most likely be the competitive PC FPS for the next 11 years.

1. That's not an issue with Black Ops, yes the netcode isn't the best and the hit boxes are generous, but you will always run into this issue when dealing with p2p servers. Best you can hope for is to pull host all the time.

2. It's a game. (More below)

3. The weapons have drop off damage which increases with distance or attachments, so you at distance it takes a lot of shots to down someone. Up close you should be killing people almost instant with most guns.

Seems like you're having a bit of trouble, I don't know about the Wii but Xbox got a patch awhile ago that made the zoom-in time on the regular scope a lot quicker. I don't know if this made it to the Wii version but it makes it easier to snipe and before the patch the best way to snipe was to use the reflex scope on the lowest zoom level.

Put steady aim on your sniper class, when you zoom the cross hair will land somewhere randomly inside the little area, steady aim reduces the area it can land.

GamerTag: Slowko, Timezone: GMT +0.

All time stats on black ops best I can remember - Kill death ratio TDM - 3.7+ 275+ score per minute, top 6k score per minute wise at SND in the world leader boards.

Edit/Update: So, after giving it some time and a great deal of weapon testing, it really seems the problem with sniping in Black Ops is, well, there's no gentle way to put this - but unless you like having an ACOG on your sniper rifle, the Dragunov sucks (in Core). The later two rifles (and to a lesser extent the WA2000) are more than fine, they're excellent. It's just a shame that the better rifles take so long to unlock, since I really don't feel like grinding just so I can snipe.

I turned down my sensitivity today, and noticed a huge difference there as well. Where before I could strafe and shoot with some difficulty, now it feels just right and I don't have any issues. Zoom-in time isn't an issue, especially when tracking a target - with a little compensation I can hit a running target before it ducks behind a building 90% of the time. I'm more than happy with that.

Turning down the controller sensitivity is making a huge difference across the board too, so I think that was one of the bigger issues. One wouldn't think a few points would make such a big difference on the Wii when the range is 1-40, but it did.

I'll try the Steady Aim trick at some point, but for now I don't think I need it. Hardened comes in handy, even though putting it on a sniper rifle is almost overkill.

Last edited by Kama : 09-11-2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Updated