Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2008, 09:12 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand
Default An interesting idea about Paladins

Ok so, Allow me for a moment to give a dictionary/fantasy definition of a Paladin.

A Paladin is much like a warrior-priest. (or a Holy warrior) they are blessed of the gods and are adapt at casting divine spells as well as fighting using a sword. Of course, Wyvern's paladin class does not cast divine spells and are not given benefits for any mage-class fighting. Unfortunately and despite several ideas regarding this matter, that particular type of paladin is for role playing only. But I digress as that is not the focus of my post.

Now, please indulge me for another rant, as I wish to give a dictionary/fantasy definition of a Death Knight.

A paladin who falls from grace near the moment of death may become a death knight. A undead warrior possessed of unholy powers. Usually created by some evil deity or powerful demon.

So now you understand two opposite types of warriors, I believe you are ready for my suggestions, but before that I would like to make a note.
1. I have not considered this idea in terms of PvP or PvM, so it is natural that it may contain unbalances. I ask that as opposed to claiming the idea as bad, we work to fix it, unless of course you are completely opposed to the idea.

Ok, now I am about to unleash my idea, an idea that as far as I can tell doesn't actually benefit anyone, but is purely for fun!

I propose that when a Paladin falls from grace, instead of being kicked from the guild and losing their benefits, they turn into Death Knights and get new benefits.

Here are just some random thoughts on the submit.
Being Knights of pure evil, they wont be allowed to enter the city of Minath, and many other good cities. I.E. Blackrose, Bura Shaan, and Minath. The cities like New Verdan, Alaria, etc. are too small to probably keep them out.

They should probably get a negative in life magic regardless of what life they had trained. (Meaning if you have 5 life trained you will have -5 life. If you have 20 life trained you will still have -5 life).

It might also make sense to give them a death advantage. *shrugs*

I don't actually propose giving them negatives or benefits, just some thoughts on the subject.

I thank you all for listening and indulging in my mad ramblings.

~Salkand