Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:01 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand
Default Paladins

Simple suggestion:

Get rid of all the dumb bonuses Paladins get and give them devine spells instead. (Spells that MIGHT include healing, etc.). Allow them to keep +5 in swords.

I am not going to suggest any spells, any method or balancing use for them, let the wizards decide.

Right now Paladin's are more like Knights, lets turn them into real paladins.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:17 AM

Warcow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I am not quite sure whether I follow what you are talking about or where you're going with all this...

So um... yeah,
Learn how you can help: adopt a gorilla today!

http://www.gorillafund.org/support/adopt.php
Old 02-18-2008, 03:23 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Instead of giving Paladins a huge sword bonuse or strength bonus. Give them Devine spells per guild level.

Similar to the death knight guild I suggested a few years back, if anyone wants to find it. Pfft. (Except i'm just giving a general idea here).
Old 02-18-2008, 12:21 PM

Shaieran has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I see what Salkand's getting at. In a role-play sense, Knights are protectors and warriors serving underneath a noble. They're heavily trained in weapons and combat, as they are going to be fighting quite often. No magical skills at all, however. Paladins are like "honorable knights", almost. In games and fantasy, they typically represent a warrior linked with a deity of some sort. Salkand is proposing that rather than giving Paladins these health and strength bonuses, which are geared towards heavy bashing and fighting, to rather get rid of those bonuses and replace them with paladin-exclusive Divine Spells.

Personally, I agree. It fits the picture of a paladin more closely when they can communicate with a deity and channel power through divine spells. Makes sense to me.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:41 PM

Jessikha has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Divine spells would be like prayer in Crossfire, except only paladins can use them. That's actually a neat idea, although you may not want to use the term prayer, for fear of copying crossfire even more. Not to mention that would involve adding things like prayer points, and blah blah...

Case and point, paladins do need a little push. There used to be 9 online at most times, and now there's maybe 2. The life bonus they get is all but useless without the minor/medium/major healing spells, unless the full heal spell is fixed to have extra/fewer effects based on your life (more life would give an after regen effect, negative life wouldn't full heal you entirely. This could balance full healing cavies).
Old 02-19-2008, 07:39 PM

Duender has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I like the idea.
Or perhaps the negatives in the magical arts and elements could be removed, to provide more versatility? They could perhaps use this to summon things to aid them, without the huge spellpoints negation, perhaps it would put a use to their life magic, although summoning in itself isn't incredibly amazing. (atleast not from what I hear).
Just throwing things out of a hat here D:

Last edited by Duender : 02-19-2008 at 07:41 PM.