View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Player Mod

Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
Here is a good primer on Game Design and Copyright, Trademarks, and Patents: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/4932...t-trademarks-a
Though it is an interesting read, it does not refer to the rights of creators of electronic games (though I do not feign knowledge on such), nor does it refer to patent protection, which a lot of technological advances at the dawn of gaming had. And the reason I made that remark was actually similarity of artwork (especially the cubes he bounces around on and the snakes and orbs and such). But it was more an offhanded remark than a claim on my personal knowledge of copyrights. All I know is that as long as you don't copy work directly, you're good. =) As an artist, I'd like to think ideas are able to be protected, but game mechanics being protected is a silly notion at best - otherwise whoever made the first first person shooter would be making bank in court right now. I don't remember the point I was making. Either way, I hope R makes good on this promise. xD