View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I had half of an RPG built. Not an MMO, just a single-player RPG. My laptop received damage beyond repair at the time, even the hard-drive was messed up. When I got my new laptop I lost all motivation to do it again. Trying to recreate area after area, as well as having to fine-tune all the stat's again. It happens though.

I very much enjoy coding and story writing, however, I lack the focus to stay on one project that long. It was a wonder I even put in the months upon months of effort I had in the original version.

Fun fact as well, my computer science class in highschool programmed with a somewhat ancient program you may or may not have heard of, Q-basic. It's basically a glorified command prompt. As an extra credit project, I spent weeks programming a working version of pacman. The graphics of course were nothing like the original, it more resembled the atari version. Even so, at the time I was rather proud of myself.