View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

From now on there's going to be a new rule. You are not to go around telling players that you believe that the game is coming back by/on so-and-so (you can still make guesses on that one particular thread though). I don't care if you think you have factual information or if you're just a troll trying to stir up trouble. It stops now.

Teshuvah and I have been conversing with Rhialto back and forth lately and we are very much aware of his new plans. However, we are withholding these plans from you because it is just talk. Just like it was just talk when he said the game should be back by the end of March, when he said he'd get it back in 2-4 weeks after he first removed the server, and when he really thought he could start working on it again in January and have it up soon after. I do not want you people going around getting people's hopes up unnecessarily just so you people can go back to lurking on the forums for hours on end, while doing nothing but waiting for the game to come up, only to be rewarded by finding out something happen which resulted in Rhialto taking longer to get the game back up than he previously hoped/expected.

Instead, you are going to need to trust us to give you information when we feel there is something solid to tell you. When we see progress being made instead of just talking about it, we will let you know. We will also be absolutely be sure to contact you through the mass email feature of the forum when the game returns. That could happen this month, it could happen next month, or it could happen six months of now. All I can tell you at this point is that I am sure Rhialto is still committed to bringing the game back and he will eventually do it. But I cannot, at this time, give you any guarantees and players trying to pretend like they can give you one will have their posts deleted and they will not be popular with myself or the other wizards.

Also, try to trust that we have your best interests at heart and are doing our best here. We have gone of our way thus far to make sure you have a place to talk while the game is down in a friendly environment (which led to lots of time spent moderating these things, especially back when spam bots could make accounts here) and to make sure that you knew that Rhialto had not abandoned the game. In response a number of you have been very disrespectful and rude to the point where you've crossed a line, while seeming only to care about yourselves and not at all caring what we have done to provide every little thing we could for you over here. In the past I've taken a passive approach to this and that's going to stop as well. I don't expect you to be cheerful that the game is down, but there's no reason for you to act the way some of you have been. We don't need to be here and we certainly don't need to pay money out of our pockets so you can be here. All I ask is you try to understand that when interacting with us in the future or you're quickly going to lose the kind of access to the wizards that you have enjoyed for so many years. You also may lose your own access to the forums if you take it too far and if you do something really awful, it will affect your account(s) in the game. Keep that in mind.