View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 01:13 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Regarding the Fogey's Corner idea; I remembered today that vbulletin has a feature to automatically promote people from one usergroup to another. Why this matters is that, if that subforum is implemented, all of you will be moved into a "Fogey" usergroup AND it's possible to allow newer members to work their way up to getting there as well. They could be allowed in after a certain number of days registered on the forum or after they receive a certain number of positive reputation points or both.

I don't know if the potential to broaden the pool of special subforum access over time (rather than have it diminish as people leave the game) impacts anyone's feelings on the matter, but it's perhaps something to keep in mind. Of course, we don't have to do that type of subforum, never mind set it up this way. It's entirely up to you all so let me know what you guys think (any further thoughts, Halloween?).

On a similar note, I can also set up a poll that allows you to select more than one option and I can use that to let you guys vote for any subforum ideas you may or may not want. If you want to do that it might be a good idea if you guys start seriously putting ideas out there so we can build a list. I know someone suggested individual guild/race subforums in the chatbox. We did have individual guild forums on Peach's old forum but they didn't get used that much so I don't know how useful they will be here and I think if you have too many barely used forums it can become a hassle for mods to keep track of all of them. However, we can put it and anything else up for a vote if you guys want.