View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Player Mod

Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrogz View Post
I want people to be able to set up their own servers with their own rules, and federate them together (or block each other) as desired. I will consider any and all ideas here.
Put your thinking caps on!
I can't say that I'm speaking for everyone else, but one thing I loved about this game was the idea of a player-base on a single server that scales up, with extra servers only when absolutely necessary. My favorite part of Wyvern is that everyone is on the same Hall of Fame, everyone can compete with everyone else in the PvP, and participate with one another on a LQ. Obviously, games can't scale up to an infinite degree, but there are games which support thousands of players on a single server with no problem. This is obviously an expensive ordeal -- many of these games have a "freemium" model that I hate -- but I have dealt with these systems when they were fair to players, with no ways to pay for equipment that takes a player who plays for free years to find only takes a single purchase, and some of these games had xp boost systems that I was fine with, since those who can play for a long time would, and those who had limited time could xp boost if they had a job preventing them from playing for a long time.
Long story short - I strongly dislike games which players can "host their own servers."