Thread: About
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 07:17 PM

Lanterra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
I worked on the game, yes, but if you think it wasn't work you're mistaken.

LQs were a chore to run. As a result, you only ever got test events from me, the PK LQs, and a milestone LQ (Summer Feast). I was further hoping to get the PK LQs automated so I never had to deal with them, such as they were, ever again. I had zero fun running them and, actually, they'd literally make my head hurt from the length of time I'd have to monitor them and all the things that were going on at once.

Map design, while creatively rewarding for awhile, was time consuming and required a large degree of effort on my part to put together.

If you're confusing work for play and you're asking if I am back working for the game, the answer is also no. I declined to return and am here on the forum only because I once promised players the forums would be always up in some form or another. They then wouldn't let me off the hook by letting me archive it and instead voted for it to remain. I've turned over all moderation duties to players, though, and I'm now only available to advise them and do whatever admin work they ask of me. At some point I'd like to not have to even do that.

Usually, I'm not even here and am only reachable by email. You caught me in a rare moment; I came to post information about the Star Control prequel, returned to see if anyone replied, saw Unknown in the chatbox, replied to him, came back to see his reply and then I saw you.
Your maps where awesome. I always assumed you where a player at one point due to the character level requirement to become a wizard.