View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirslash View Post
Replying to that in this particular situation: You want me to recall out of mma? Hop into a portable hole, which may or may not trap me inside, in order to survive a poison attack with 0hp (haha). Or waste a phoenix amulet to survive an extra round?
That is not necessary as you don't lose experience in the arena. We would, of course, look into any bug reports of the opposite and fix such a problem if we could reproduce it. However, keep in mind that the arena is done a lot and you're the only person who has ever claimed to lose XP because of it. So, if what you say is true, it was likely a fluke and, as such, it should be highly unlikely that you would experience the same problem again.

Quote:
recall only lasts for so long and cant save you inside random dungeons
Well to combat the time issue, all you have to do is learn how long it lasts and make sure to recast it somewhere safe before progressing. As for your random dungeon bit - People use recall, to save themselves while RDing, all the time.

Quote:
and pheonix/lifesaving amulets are only affective when you have a means of escape (or healing)
Phoenix Amulets give you a little extra time to react. If, as you say, you die after you've entered a portable hole, then using both a portable hole and a Phoenix amulet would solve that problem completely. If you just use a Phoenix Amulet, then you have extra time to hit your recall alias or to zigzag/teleport your way out of there. For example, maybe you manage to teleport away from your first group of monsters, without using your Phoenix Amulet, but you end up next to a second group of dangerous monsters. In such a situation, the Phoenix Amulet will give you another chance to try to teleport away. It's no immortal spam healing, but it's more of a chance than you had without it.

Lifesaving Amulets were meant to teleport you to the nearest chapel when they saved your life. Though, they have, unfortunately, been broken since the server was brought back.

Quote:
I'm honestly going to say I dont freaking know why I'm lagging when some other people aren't or why my control dont work 10/15 monster encounters for several seconds, all I know is when I do lag, its not my screen or computer that lags; the server seems to let the monsters attack me long after I died and got sent to the chapel.
Right well, we don't design the game around people who suffer from lag as that's out of our control. Though the server could do with being more stable, most lag is a result of an individual player's connection to the server and that's not something that we have any control over. So, if that's your issue and you don't know how to resolve it, then maybe playing another game is best.

However, you could also just stop focusing so much on XP. Post level 25 is supposed to be end game content. You go around, you explore, and you do live and actual quests for the fun/experience of it all. Basically, catching up on all the things you missed while trying to level your account. Some people like to spend this time focusing on every bit of XP because all they care about is leveling even further or gaining ranks on the high score lists. But levels don't make much of a difference where you're at and if you're not going to play anyway, your high score rank is going to tank all on its own so who cares if it tanks as a result of you forgetting about XP and just trying to have fun? You have a high level account - Free yourself from the restrictions of worrying about XP and use it to have fun.