View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 01:04 AM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I like the whole blessing idea. Especially with the way death ray works now. As for my opinions on the leveling issue, level 25 is the highest level. Any levels after that are just rewards for playing the game. 99% of players are not supposed to reach level 30 if my understandings are correct.

I would like to see a main quest line incorporated into the game. Nothing like an ordinary quest line, more like something very important that some sort of figurehead of power has asked you to do. For example: You're walking around New Verdan and some of the NPC's mention that Lady Blackrose is looking for a powerful warrior to retrieve a stone from the wyverns dragon cave in the surrounding forests. Upon completion of this quest line you discover that the stone is actually an ancient artifact in which the ruler of Minath plans to use as an instrument to resurrect a massive dragon deity. A nifty way to incorporate some of the other quests into this one is to say that you will need cooperation from all of the guild leaders in order to gain entrance to the final quest area. This would be simple to do, just throw in another quest item from all of the guild quests that can be traded in for a "key" or a magical orb of some sort. Once the player reaches the top of the castle a massive wyvern is resurrected and set free to terrorize the world. After the first player completes the quest a new live quest can be added.

Of course the names and events would be different, but if I can come up with that in two minutes I'm sure the higher wizards or aspiring wizards can come up with something much better.

Another idea is live quests that offer rewards for everyone who deals more than a certain percentage of damage to the boss. For example, a portal is added to the live quest area and the only way to gain entrance is to have dealt at least 10% damage to the boss. That way the person who deals the most damage still gets the awesome LQ drop, and a normal artifact/rare item. Then all of the players who aided the victor also get a small reward for their efforts and risks, rather than risk dieing to a power house of a boss for nothing. The only LQ's that I like to participate in when I know I will not be winning are the Archus LQ's where my reward is running around DB'ing all of the easier monsters. So when Gore shows up to kill us all, instead of just Glacio winning by dealing a 30% damage, the other 3-5 players who dealt 10-20% as well get a small token of appreciation as well.

More 20-27 areas would be a nice addition as well.
However, most of the active wizards we have now are busy fixing some of the other kinks and bugs in the game's balance issues and playability.

Some more LQ bosses and prizes would be nice.

Some more level 25+ quests would be nice.

Macabre Olympiad needs some unmentioned tweaks.

In my opinion, we need two things to help Wyvern become more populated and interesting to play.

1- The game to come back up where Rhialto has more interest and time to put in it.

2- One or two more wizards who can work on creating and debugging their game content while our arch-wizards are busy fixing the major bugs and balance issues.