View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 04:33 PM

Odolf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default So, what do you people read?

Hello everyone, Odolf/Kisho/Curare/who cares here. I was just wondering to myself what everyone here enjoys reading for fun?

Recently i've been re-reading a lot of my old favorites, lots of science fiction with fantasy on the horizon. Currently re-reading Genesis Quest by Donald Moffitt, and reading for the first time The Long Hunt, of the excellent Mageworlds series, by Debra Doyle and James D Macdonald. If you like space opera i'd highly recommend Mageworlds, and you can get them all on kindle. (Inevitable kindle lovers vs haters war begins)

I'm also a huge fan of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, and if you don't know what that is and you're interested in starting it i'd suggest reading "Small Gods" first, as it's probably the best one to start with (i keep several paperbacks in real life just to give to people).

As far as my background in reading goes, it's probably about 60/40 with sci-fi and fantasy. I've tried to branch out into military fiction, thrillers, and other stuff, but they just don't keep me reading like those two do, which is not to say that i don't enjoy them. I was very surprised that i actually really enjoyed a Jack Reacher book my dad gave me, but again, not enough to buy more.

So! That's a whole lot of pointless blather about my reading tastes and i could probably write another ten pages on them, but i'd really like to know what you guys enjoy reading! Anyone?