View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by onykage View Post
then why don't we just rebuild it ourselves?
Besides the fact that there's something called copyright infringement or including that?

Quote:
I'm sure there is enough talent in this community to make it all come together.
Right and that's why we had so many applications from people wanting to be wizards toward the end.

Quote:
i tried to buy the game back in 07 when it was shutdown the first time. I was told it wasn't for sale for any price.
Please tell me you're not the person who offered Rhialto $500?

Quote:
This thread started because someone wanted the nostalgia of area design. So there is a world map guy ready to go.
There being someone who wants to look through the map editor because they are bored and miss the game doesn't equate to there being someone who wants to make maps. It also doesn't mean that person is any good at doing so.

Beyond that, I hope you're not suggesting people use Rhialto's software (the map editor) and arch/art files to accomplish this task because if so that's wonderful grounds for a lawsuit (in the event that you had the following in mind - not charging for the game doesn't make you exempt from lawsuits).

Quote:
Now we just need to pool our resources and find out what else we have to work with and make some magic happen. I'm down so you got a coder at your disposal. anyone else?
You do know that there are open source games similar to Wyvern like Crossfire and I think Daimonin, right? If you really want to create your own MMORPG why don't you instead take one of them and build it up into something new that draws ideas from Wyvern, (like Wyvern draws ideas from Muds, D&D, Gauntlet, Rogue, etc.) but is altogether its own game? Although Wyvern is coded from scratch, there are several games that used Crossfire's code as the base for their own projects and they were perfectly within their rights to do so.