View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 11:20 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Hey all. So I've returned from my hiatus (obviously). Thank you to everyone who contributed thus far. It doesn't look like there needs to be any rush and it looks like I'll be nightmarishly busy so I'll keep the poll up for awhile longer. We've had 30+ votes in previous polls and those were nonsensical in nature so even though there's a clear favorite at the moment, that could change.

I think we should assume that won't happen for our purposes though and begin talking about how we want to handle that. Unless there are any major objections I'll pick some people and ask them if they want to be mods. Then I think it's best that they figure out how to recruit more mods, whether it be based on general voting or just their own internal consensus.

I also think it's good that you've begun thinking of new subforums. That's something we can get started on now, if you want. It takes seconds to do so even if the archive option ends up winning, there's no harm in putting them up now.

Regarding the two I suggested: If you guys like the "Fogey's Corner" one I can put that right up, but it would probably be best to wait to restrict it until old timers have time to come back and decide if they want to claim a spot in it by making an account. Retroactively adding people is too much work so it's best to just limit people by join date. That could mean waiting until a few weeks after launch and accepting some newcomers in or doing it at the close of beta... or we could do it even earlier. Let me know what you guys want. As for the "Guides" section, I imagine that it would be of use to you guys at the moment, but I'm unclear as to what degree you've been told to not discuss things pertaining to Alpha testing. If you can't do anything then there's no point but if you're allowed to write a dungeon guide or whatever then if there's any interest I can do that right away. Again, let me know.

Is there anything I neglected to touch upon? Questions? Concerns?