View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odolf View Post
Wow. I never realized how much better Wyvern was in the hands of the wizards, rather than the hands of its creator... I apologize for all the times i bad mouthed you guys, really.
Trying to save your life here before Arilou eats you alive

1: The creator *is* a Wizard.

2: All that was ever done was done with the creators say so and/or vision in mind. The only changes that were done in the past few years were fixes for abuses and bugs that never should have happened in the first place. (sadly, part of the problem, and this has been mentioned many times, is that some players got used to playing with the bugs and began to think of them as "normal" because for some years we had no one to fix them. So when they got fixed some players thought it was some massive change.)

So if anyone is thinking that anything that was done in the past few years was without Rhialtos input (he checked all code changes and said yeah/nay to game play changes) they have succumbed to probably the worst case of ignorance gone to seed that I've seen in many years.

All the rules he implemented, not the other Wizards.
Even the most "recent" rule changes (transfer/auction limits) were his idea when he played and got ripped off by another player.

Hope that helps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrogz View Post
we plan to keep providing a means for him to do so.
He has *always* had a means to do so and didn't.

I am now convinced our biggest mistake was not telling the players what was going on in the background, but rather we kept the game going for you when we shouldn't have.

I wish you the best, but fear you think you "can do it better" than those that actually did it for 10+ years, without any knowledge of what went on or what goes into it.

You somehow think you got him "interested" again.. without knowing that he's done this and posted these exact things repeatedly, in various forms, for years..(was reading almost word for word the email you posted in an email I have dated 2009 yesterday)

Good luck.

ETA (edited to add) : almost forgot.. *dance*