Thread: Parshin City
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanterra View Post
Two questions. First can I request a "nice" wizard to look at any maps I send in, if such creature's exist?
Teshuvah and I review all maps and you can't possibly ask for nicer wizards to help you realize that you're not remotely qualified to be a wizard.

Quote:
And my second serious question, how come although the wizard manual says to keep maps at like 20x15, are there alot of maps that I've seen in game that are alot bigger than that? Is it ok to go larger?
The manual says "you should keep the size to 40x30 or smaller." How you got yourself down to only using maps half that size is beyond me. But anyway, 40x30 a reasonable maximum size - It's always good to keep map size down as much as possible.

In the old days, wizards used to make very large maps, especially for towns and you still see some of that in the game. There are also some rare situations where larger maps are okay. However, those old maps will be phased out and those rare situations aren't something you should be delving into so early on.