View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odolf View Post
Tesh, that sounds really interesting, and as far as mysteries, do you like Agatha Christie? Or perhaps Dorothy Sayers? I love Agatha Christie's work, even though she tends towards the "Surprise, i never mentioned this before but it turns out to be a key part of the solution!" ending. I've had Nero Wolfe recommended to me many times, but my to-read pile is huge, any opinion on that?
Yes, I've read most of Dame Christie's work, she's a favorite, as well as Ms. Sayers! Many I've read more than once, they are old friends!

I haven't read Nero Wolfe but have had him recommended to me many, many times,also. But I have 40+ books on my kindle waiting for me to get through, (and several hundred others just waiting) so I'll get to him eventually! Maybe!

I am a fan of Cozy Mysteries in general, something relaxing to read at night before sleep. I read many more recent series in that genre. I love the Cat Who series, sadly the author of 30+ books in the series, Lilian Jackson Braun, passed away last year in her 90s.

I own every one of the "Murder She wrote" books (not the tv series lol)
I am a fan of long series with lots of character development so you get to know them.

Have you read "Wool"? That's a very unusual "series" of novellas that I enjoyed.. very unusual....

I hate Twilight, and the Harry Potter stuff, but I really enjoyed the Hunger Games even though I went into it not wanting to like it at all.