View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Byzantine history actually has inspired my work before. You wouldn't know because I didn't get a chance to release it but I based a major plot point in Wyvern's history on the Battle of Manzikert, and the Morgos hierarchical structure would have been based off of the Byzantine military one. For example, the plan was to have you meet a special Morgos that went by "Morgos Dux" with the latter word signifying it as the leader (or, more specifically, the former leader) of the Morgos corps.

However, no; history is an interest of mine and while it does inspire my creativity, it is not, in and of itself, a creative pursuit. Right now, let's just say that I'm creating fiction at a higher, more substantive level than I was with Wyvern. Unlike with Wyvern, it's not a side, at home project. I've committed to a multi-year "thing," which I literally just started last week and I am very excited about it. I'll maybe get into more details in future but for now I just wanted to emphasize that Wyvern is in my past.