View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 12:11 PM

Josiah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I think I made it pretty clear I was making one from scratch when I said
Quote:
I've been working on a map editor
And alas, I haven no idea if it works on Mac's, since it's an executable Gamemaker file, it's made in one compact file.

And I actually have no idea how to take a video aside from using certain things you download online (I have a camera in my laptop already), and if I just gave you screenshots, you wouldn't believe me anymore than last time I gave screenshots, so that really isn't an option.
But yeah, that's basically what I did, there is a function to save the map into a .ini file -- it saves it in an array, the coordinates, then an integer which will be the ID for a specific type of terrain (for unknown reason to me, I cannot use strings with arrays) -- then I also have a function that reads the file, and when it finds something like this
Terrain[32, 32] = 3
That might be a dark Grass Terrain at specific coordinates. But Game maker already has a built in function to make one of those pop ups that asks you where you want to save something (then you still have to do something with where you want to save it, it basically just finds a place in your computer for you). Did you want a piece of the actual code? Because I can do that :P