View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 AM

Fergy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

In my opinion, projects work best if they have one person manage it from the point of concept to the point of completion. This person does not have to do all the work themselves, but they do have to have the final say (benevolent dictator).

Rule by committee nearly always sucks, except in extreme cases where 'teh suckiness' becomes a defining asset to prevent rule by tyranny in an area of life that actually matters (life, liberty, and property).

“Art is never finished, only abandoned.” by Leonardo da Vinci

I feel wyvern is at the point of abandonment. Although it is not complete (and never will be), is is complete enough to be set free into the world and take on it's own life...

I would prefer to see:
  • The wyvern game engine become open source.
  • A very limited amount of game content become open source (just enough to demonstrate the engine).
  • The individual wizards to decide for themselves what to do with their content (I assume most are inactive, and will by default leave it up to R).
  • R retain copyright on the majority of wyvern content (Including but not limited to: Names, maps, art, monsters, quests, and game created databases (i.e. My lv 27 MAH sitter)).

Wyvern, the game that we know and love, would still be under private control, but maybe we would see a wyvern-like game. Such as 'System X5nGy: The revolt of the space mice.' And maybe the creator of this game will solve a bug with the wyvern engine, R will see it and implement it into wyvern.