View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Time for me to log on to oppose the Harbringer stance on open sourcing again. And I will begin with the fact that if this josiah can actually make a decent wyvern style game (not optimistic but not about to shoot down the dude if he actually is putting in effort to make said game) it could be very much alike an open source wyvern anyway. If you open source the game people will jack it around and make it into what they feel wyvern should be and then you get what equates to a wyvern clone and not the original wyvern made in the way R viewed it to be. Now if this guy makes a crummy clone (if he is even actually making a clone) then it would be a failed attempt at a game but open sourcing is not the answer. Wyvern would become the ultimate wyvern clone if it is open sourced and people were aloud to alter it the way they wanted it to be.

And for josiah. I hope that you are able to make the game that you claim to be making however the stance you have taken on this game you are making is rather childish and not supporting the idea that you are even capable of making such a game. Now maybe you have just been flustered but the points people have brought up (legal issues, pointing out countless spelling and grammatical errors that could lead to damaged and corrupted lines of code, lack of studying on history and myth to add to your game) are all legitimate and if you want to share what could be your version of wyvern and a potential masterpiece you should carry yourself in a more mature manner in order to show your confidence without sounding like a cocky child. Take what I said however you want and good luck to you on making your game if that really is what your trying to do.