View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:56 PM

VoidTeamNetwork has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
He's said many times that the game will be back up one way or another. That's not the issue. The issue is of when and how.

From experience, I can tell you that things will likely be dragged out for awhile longer and the chances of getting a reply to any emails will be low. But, the game will be back at some point as, obviously, he's not going to just let the game that he spent so much time working on die off, never to be seen again.

He may get the game back by giving up responsibility for it. But, he's held on to it without regularly working on it for about 9 years under the basis that certain things will fall perfectly into place. So, I doubt it. It may seem like this downtime is him giving up, but it's no different than how things always have been, with the exception that he doesn't have to pay monthly server fees and deal with the headache of us complaining about outages. Whether it's limping along while up or costing him nothing while down, he still retains control over it and that gives him the option of holding out hope that he'll be able to do what he want with the game if X, Y, and Z happen.

Unfortunately, I've been hearing him talk of the day when he'll be able to move the game forward for as long as he's not been working on it. So, it will either happen for him or it won't and he'll have to give up on that and settle for the game as is... or he'll put it on hold and bring the game back up in a lesser than his idealized state because he feels bad for those of you who bother him... or he'll have to realize that it's never going to work out the way he wants it and either open source it or find someone else to run it. Again, what decision he'll end up coming to and when he'll do it is anyone's guess. The last thing he told players was that he was going to go with the pity option, which is that he was going to port the game so it would work on Amazon's cloud services and limp along like that until he could do something more. But, that was months ago and the call to bother him en mass has died down, so his responses seem to have stopped as well.

Just a quick disclaimer - I have nothing to do with any of this, I'm recapping what has already been said in previous threads. So, if you're going to bother someone, bother... Bullfrogz.
Thank you for the info.. I know you don't owe me anything and that you don't want any part of this but I really, really appreciate and value your input.

I've gone ahead and messaged Bullfrogz in regards to contacting R. I don't know how active he is, nor have I talked to him before, but I hope he responds soon.