View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:31 AM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

While I honestly doubt that R would agree to selling off the source code for Wyvern, anything that would get the game up at this point would be better than no wyvern, besides completely open-sourcing it.

That being said, I don't know what you guys would plan on doing with it (i'm assuming your team would be the new "wizards" to work on the game) but if Steve does decide to sell it off I would definitely still play the nostalgic game.

Also, the complaint about not having the original faithful wizards concern popped up. Based on the numerous posts by Arilou and Teshuvah saying they are no longer going to be involved, it appears that if Wyvern came back up, there wouldn't be the Arch Wizard support there used to be. apart from those two, we also had Contrare, who was coding a ton of the new content, out doing his own thing.

My main point being, if you guys are really serious about wanting to bring the game back, have the programming experience you say you have, and have been honest, rule-abiding players of Wyvern, maybe you should try to get R to bring Wyvern back by showing him your skills as programmers and your willingness to become wizards. That way, the game is back, R still has control of the code, and you guys get to contribute.

Just a couple of thoughts, feel free to bash them up.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)