Thread: Human Pally
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 03:47 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbz View Post
Nah back in the old days, everyone would heal themselves, thankfully they removed spam healing.

Armour: You'll want armour with +10 agility, and +10 armour(if you can swing it). With AC fixed, +armour really helps, but personally I still count the +10 agility as more important on the item. You may also want DSM of particular types to help you resist, keep in mind that you may get stuck with them on if you're cursed. However, if you're in a curse free zone, switching DSM's is a viable resist type, though quite heavy.

Also, bags of great holding are invaluable. They can store an extremely large number of items(based on weight), and cut down the weight of the items while they're in the bag. My stone giant has around 10 bags of great holding, and they're so handy.

As for weapons, you'll probably end up using a lot of mithril swords. Diamond swords are preferable if you can find a smith, but generally mithril swords are easier to acquire. Elemental blade scrolls can be handy, but apparently they wear your weapon out fast, so don't use them too freely.
At level 24, he can use platinum. There are several ways you can go about getting resisted/healing. To be honest, major healing (6 lore) is all you need for a human paladin. Here are the most viable options I see:

1. Self spell resist + spell heal. This limits your power since you can't max out swords/fw/strength, but increases your survivability considerably. wear platinum or agility armors, with resist rings. This is the build I used for Then as a paladin, and I could still take down mobs quite fast with an Amethyst sword.

2. Spell heal with DSM and use potions. This option is most favored for max damage/survivability ratio, but your main issue is the inconsistency of healing and dispelling while bungling. I would have to say that this method would be favored. Potions get pretty expensive, but shouldn't be that big of an issue as long as you know where to make money.

3. Skill heal, bungle city. Don't use spells at all. Basically a caveman with less HP. this maxes damage and gives you access to all armors, but limits your survivability considerably (unless you destroy everything quick enough). Can use healing potions when necessary.

Apart from those 3, there aren't any big variations. Some people try to mix a bit of 2 and 3. Sirkeaghin had the most success with 2, who i would consider the expert. If you have any questions about specifics, let me know.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)