View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 11:24 AM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbz View Post
Open source would not make the game any better at all. It would only invite a bunch of half-wits who think they know how to balance the game, only to create horribly lopsided worlds. Everyone thinks they know how to 'fix' things, until actually given the tools to do so.

Everyone knows that guy who claims he can fix anything on a car until you give him a wrench.
Or perhaps its the guy who knows everything about home renovations, until you ask for a hand.

It's exactly the same here, people who think they know how to 'fix' or improve the game, would only implement the ideas they want and create more problems on the flipside.

I'm sure most of the core group of fans of the game agree when I say, I'd rather this stay soley in the developing hands of the man who created it(well people if you include the wizards with the maps). Nothing is perfect, but then again, if we didn't enjoy it, we wouldn't be waiting for it.
Now, now, the open source model has its benefits. Let's not get the wrong ideas about it

Open sourcing can mean anything, in my opinion. As long as it can attract developers to make their own patches or even new content, then I am all up for it. I would rather have the game developed, instead of it being dead for months.

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.