View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 05:40 AM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irlazy View Post
Personally I find the comment to be a deceptive one. All though we aren't talking about 3d graphics or anything of that nature the art is outstanding. As far as what the graphics attempt to accomplish they do the job perfectly and the high attention to detail that the many people who have provided for this game have used is amazing. Not picking favorites or anything but Binyamin's area's have always been some of my favorites for its originality and detailed art. I agree that the graphics still require your imagination as a passenger in the ride that is wyvern for this game to work for someone but this is some of my favorite graphics of any game I have ever played.
I think the detail displayed in these 2D graphics is exactly what allows your imagination to run wild. The detail in Wyvern's graphics piques ones' imagination. Yet it is still a 2D game with tiny characters so it can only give you so much. If I were to make a large drawing of someone's character, they'd be likely to disagree that that's not what they think the character looks like. Does a halfling look more like a child, a midget, or an oompah loompah? :P Well it's up to you to decide.