View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 02:58 PM

sirslash has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
Simply replace that part where you'd hit your healing alias with your new portable hole or recall alias. You can also, for example, choose to make use of lifesaving and phoenix amulets as an added safety net. All in all, the game provides many tools to help you get by and just because they were ignored, in favor of pre-existing unbalances, does not mean that you should continue to ignore them now that those unbalances have been fixed.
Replying to that in this particular situation: You want me to recall out of mma? Hop into a portable hole, which may or may not trap me inside, in order to survive a poison attack with 0hp (haha). Or waste a phoenix amulet to survive an extra round?

Replying to that in general game play: When you lag, its not a case of what tools you use (I use all of them), the thing is when you lag these things really dont work as well as you would hope. Portable holes might save you, if you lag you can still die inside of them from overkill-I've had times when I got killed inside of the portable hole (from attacks not poison), recall only lasts for so long and cant save you inside random dungeons, and pheonix/lifesaving amulets are only affective when you have a means of escape (or healing)-not when your controls aren't responding and you watch in horror as your character gets pummeled into a bloody stain on the wall. Control are the first thing that go in a lag spike, not sure why, but theres no way of stopping your character from running into a monster that comes from around the corner until you run into it and retreat, but in a lag spike you cant retreat XD

Believe me, I dont 'ignore' those tools, I'm just used to the only one that works (healing). I know better than to turn my back to something thats trying to eat my during a lag spike, moving=no control, the big bad monster gets to watch me run-in slow motion-all it has to do is take 2 steps forward to have a snack. I'm honestly going to say I dont freaking know why I'm lagging when some other people aren't or why my control dont work 10/15 monster encounters for several seconds, all I know is when I do lag, its not my screen or computer that lags; the server seems to let the monsters attack me long after I died and got sent to the chapel.

...I'm going back to full screen mmos, they arent as much fun, but at least I can actually play.

Last edited by sirslash : 01-07-2011 at 03:00 PM.