View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Thanks, Lanterra. I wish they had reprints or something. It looked like they did, people were just complaining that the Amazon sources that provided them were "stacking" those products with, I guess, uninteresting cards. The ones you linked to are, I'm sure, nice for collectors but for a kid who might trash them the expense is prohibitive. Plus, I don't think she'd understand the "they are moderately expensive collector items" rational for why she was getting so few cards. I think she'd feel ripped off if I went that route. :-/

I appreciate the help from all of you. I'm going to figure something out tonight. I think I'll go with the two decks I linked to since, after carefully googling all the names on the packaging with this whole "generation" thing in mind, they all seem okay. I have no idea what I'll get to supplement those, but I'll figure it out tonight.

If anyone stumbles by and wants to weigh in the months ahead, feel free. If she's still into this Pokemon a year from now, you might end up helping me figure out her next set of birthday presents.

For those who did help me, if you ever need someone to make a massive, high-quality in-game area based on your own detailed vision, just let me know; I'll get Teshuvah right on that for you.

Edit: *sigh of relief* Thanks to Youtube, I solved my little, "Why aren't there reprints?" problem. I decided to desperately google the individual titles for the various packs, hoping one would have a little less of those later generation cards because I didn't know what else to do and this wonderful video came up with a description that read:

"Evolutions celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Pokemon and is a reprint of Base Set."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYWIr570gIY

So even though it has the XY title, it's exactly what I needed (and apparently the description for the individual pack tells you that but not the three pack special I was looking at ). Ultimately, I'm getting those two decks I mentioned, (which I now also see were fine because they too are under the Evolutions title ) plus some of these. Hopefully they go over well. Thanks all!