Wyvern Forums

Wyvern Forums (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Platinum (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1568)

Frosten 06-07-2008 01:15 AM

Platinum

soo.....thanks for duping items, whoever it was. Really caused a fluster today. Innocent people who lost their platinum armors after honestly working hard to acquire them, i feel your pain.

Jessikha 06-07-2008 01:37 AM

My bracers are gone :cry: Whyyyyy? Why do people have to cheat? Come on, and I only lost one piece, several piece lost full sets.

And I was saving up to buy another, looks like I have to re-buy my old piece :(

Salkand 06-07-2008 01:38 AM

wait, what happened?

Jessikha 06-07-2008 01:45 AM

Read the news for full details, but for a summary:

People were somehow cloning platinum items and selling them to their friends for cheap, etc. So they deleted all platinum items from the database.

Frosten 06-07-2008 03:51 PM

not only was it platinum items, but all rarities...tesh said we were on the brink of game reset. a lot of people who had full sets lost them, while others who had no platinum gained....it's just the way the game goes i guess. Props to tesh to keeping order throughout all this.

Unknown 06-07-2008 04:23 PM

to be honest, i no longer care about lusing my armors... i know its going to take me some time to be as i used to be... but is not like im lusing all my quest points... that the only thing it would be really painfull for me if the game is reseted.. (well that and my lq items, that took me for ever to find).

But if the game was restarted... it woudent be so bad, all players start equal, and you get a second chance to fix mistakes, (like banned alts names you wish you could use agane, or for example myself i wish hail was a human and not a halfling).

anyway im not quiting the game for just a few hours, and few millons that i luse finding those plat... its not that big deal.

Logwad 06-07-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosten (Post 26277)
not only was it platinum items, but all rarities...tesh said we were on the brink of game reset. a lot of people who had full sets lost them, while others who had no platinum gained....it's just the way the game goes i guess. Props to tesh to keeping order throughout all this.

What do you mean rarities?

thepixie 06-07-2008 08:53 PM

Duped items irked me. Not by much. It's hard to completely eliminate all the loop-holes in any environment --> blame that on entropy. The people who did it could at least report the ways they performed it to a wizard. :/ (such as the laggy places, reboots, and disconnecting)

On the upside, I really appreciate that the wizards caught the bug.

Frosten 06-08-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logwad (Post 26281)
What do you mean rarities?

When i say rarities, i am referring to omni's and melee resists. i.e., lq items. balanced weaps were duped, as was gold. Some duped xp vouchers to level up. The sky is the limit really.

Unknown 06-08-2008 02:25 PM

ploog in some way we are going to miss ya. take care (btw, this is a stupit question but, are you quiting wyvern?)

ardax 08-01-2008 12:03 AM

one time, I went net dead and when I came back on, I got my cursed curved knife cloned 50 times, it was weird

Frosten 07-26-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremiah 2016
Cheating literally paid off

Never forget