Wyvern Forums

Wyvern Forums (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/index.php)
-   General (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Wayback Machine (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2450)

Jacksparow 02-15-2012 02:41 AM

Wayback Machine

For those wanting to stroll around an archived version of
the website; here you go.

http://web.archive.org/web/201103030.../cabochon.com/

Irlazy 02-15-2012 08:37 PM

Sliced bread time to move over... Sliced bread never made me feel nostalgic so from now on I am going to say this is the best thing since wayback machine!

AKA this is awesome!

Morgus 02-20-2012 10:05 PM

Yo, I remember doing this. I checked the "Who's Online" link at various times in '03 and '04, trying desperately to find myself amongst the 70+ players. Finally found myself, and it was awesome. I also remember finding Arilou in there in 2002 or something, listed as a player.

Arilou 02-21-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgus (Post 34221)
Yo, I remember doing this. I checked the "Who's Online" link at various times in '03 and '04, trying desperately to find myself amongst the 70+ players. Finally found myself, and it was awesome. I also remember finding Arilou in there in 2002 or something, listed as a player.

Not possible. I logged into Arilou for less than a half hour before being promoted and this happened in a month (January 2003) that the Wayback Machine has no snapshots of said list. So if I am on any of the recorded who's online pages, then it would have been after my promotion - I was actually visible quite a lot back in the day and logged long hours, so it wouldn't surprise me if it captured that. Another possibility is that you got tricked by someone who made a name similar to mine - There were a few that had to be banished over the years.

Jacksparow 02-21-2012 04:24 AM

Going through the who's online is quite fun. I found arisu as a level 5, and a wizard named Galdor that I've never heard of before.

Arilou 02-21-2012 12:17 PM

Galdor coded the Rogue's Guild.

Morgus 02-21-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arilou (Post 34222)
Not possible. I logged into Arilou for less than a half hour before being promoted and this happened in a month (January 2003) that the Wayback Machine has no snapshots of said list. So if I am on any of the recorded who's online pages, then it would have been after my promotion - I was actually visible quite a lot back in the day and logged long hours, so it wouldn't surprise me if it captured that. Another possibility is that you got tricked by someone who made a name similar to mine - There were a few that had to be banished over the years.

Heh, yeah. I must've confused you for someone else.

Dracco 02-21-2012 04:38 PM

In that case, my hat's off to Galdor and Arilou. My dwarf rogue was the most fun character I have ever made in Wyvern.

It took me a while to find me in the archives, but I finally did in 2005 as a level 20 mage. As well as my brother, Jango, who rarely ever plays/played.

Halfaxe 10-28-2014 06:23 PM

Btw the link to the wayback machine in this thread worked for me to be able to see the old site again, incase anyone wanted to take a look.

Nodlove 11-01-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfaxe (Post 61025)
Btw the link to the wayback machine in this thread worked for me to be able to see the old site again, incase anyone wanted to take a look.

Rejoice! =D

I don't know why I like going to a website that doesn't actually even function for a game that isn't around anymore, but I love it! Anyway, I can attest to the truth of this. =)

Went back down. How lovely. The other day I felt like reminiscing. Sad face.

Arilou 05-03-2015 06:48 PM

It's up again now so you should make use of it while you can before it goes away again.

Btw, I think I showed great restraint in not shouting; "The Wyvern website is up again! The Wyvern website it up again!" and then smirking at the annoyed people when I explained to them that I was technically being truthful; I just didn't say that it was up again on the Way Back Machine. I should get a halfling arm or maybe a leg of rakshasa for resisting my natural instincts this time. What do you say, Nodlove? You don't really need both of your arms, do you?

Jacksparow 05-05-2015 03:41 AM

Thank you for the update Arilou. You may just have a heart after all:D

Arilou 05-08-2015 11:15 PM

Or not - I have known that it's been back for awhile and only just recently thought to say anything about it.

Jacksparow 05-29-2015 07:11 PM

laerad [help] shouts: is there a way to prevent curse, aside from scroll and spell?
whippz [help] shouts: don't fight monsters with curse

I saw that on an image from the wayback machine, and I had a good giggle out of it.

ranshasRAK 06-02-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard (Post 61119)
laerad [help] shouts: is there a way to prevent curse, aside from scroll and spell?
whippz [help] shouts: don't fight monsters with curse

I saw that on an image from the wayback machine, and I had a good giggle out of it.

haha, my nostalgia goggles HAD erased all the smart alecks who popped up when you needed help xD